Tuesday 25 May 2010

Strike by The Baseballs (album review)



Description: The Baseballs are three certified rock 'n' roll singers who bring back the essence of the 50's with a modern twist. To quote the band "we take good songs and lead them to their true calling".

Basti, Digger and Sam have achieved enormous success across Europe with their rock 'n' roll versions of hits by Rihanna, Leona Lewis, Robbie Williams and Beyonce.



My review: This album intrigued me from the moment I saw the promo on the TV. Some recent songs that have been hits in the charts, by the relevant artists, covered and sung by the three piece German band, The Baseballs, in a ‘Rock ‘n’ Roll’ 50’s style. Hmm, I thought, that sounds interesting, this could be good, or not!?

Well, my intrigue has turned into, somewhat, surprised delight! The songs are the ones you’ve, probably, sung along to on the radio, so you already know the words, but they have this wonderful 50’s style twist on them that really works. It does make me wonder what the original artists might make of the covers. All in all, though, I think it’s a great album for those who like the more recent songs, on the album, but with the twist ‘The Baseballs’ give them.

No comments:

Post a Comment