Thursday 6 May 2010

Jason Derulo by Jason Derulo (album review)



Description: This is the self-titled debut album from American R&B artist Jason Derulo. Produced by J.R. Rotem (Rihanna, Leona Lewis) Derulo delivers an album of slickly produced R&B and euro-trance inspired pop similar in vein to The Black Eyed Peas, Chris Brown and Keri Hilson. The Billboard Hot 100 number one single 'Whatcha Say' is included.

My review: I’ve had to listen to this album a couple of times before I could really write a review, I think the first listen was not one that sunk in, for me, on listening to it for a second time it didn’t sound how I’d remembered, it sounded better. It’s quite a nice album, good mix of softer more smoochy songs along with a few boppier songs for good measure (I seem to find time to listen to music while I’m cooking dinner with my mp3 player plugged in, and I found myself bopping to one track while getting my foil out the draw and lining my grillpan – there’s a visual for you!! HAHA)

He does like reminding you who he is, HAHA, on a few tracks you hear “JASON DERULO” being said at some point. Most of it seems to stem along the lines of ‘hormones and dating’, when you read between the lines. Take it as you will, it is written by a man, so I guess to a woman listening to it I can see the younger male hormone surge in the music. The album is quite easy listening, in a respect, and is one I will probably listen to in the future too.

No comments:

Post a Comment