Tuesday 27 September 2011

Tommy Emmanuel

I was sat here this evening flicking through the Cambridge Corn Exchange 'upcoming events' program we picked up the other week and came across Tommy Emmanuel, whom I've never heard of, curiosity got the better of me and I decided to look him up on youtube.

He is an Australian guitarist, so this is where youtube can come into its own, whenever a performer is involved I find it one of the best places to start. So I click on one of the video's, it starts playing.................and............I was TRANSFIXED. Oh my word can this bloke play a guitar!! He plays a guitar how I would wish to play the guitar. I can't play, I've tried a few times, but it doesn't suit me (I'm a craft loving person who likes sensation in the ends of my fingers). Anyway, watch these below, what an amazing musician. I love it when a musical artist makes it look effortless, that's when you know they've mastered their craft.





No comments:

Post a Comment